Saturday 30 April 2016

Meeting and talking to a man who had nearly died on the operating table he told me his biggest regret. "If I had died no one would have noticed. Everyone would have just said, "Poor Frank" but never thought about me again. My wife and kids might have remembered me a little longer but that's it."
Irelized that's what we all ultimately crave attention. To be noticed now and remembered when we die. To have lived that Prince life.
That's why social media is so popular. Endless selfies and posts of what we've been doing. Advertisers understand our deepest cravings. "Don't go quietly". Our world has become a flood of photos and bad behaviour trying to draw attention to ourselves.
We have to decide. Do we want to be famous? Is that the way to happiness?

No comments:

Post a Comment